From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: website apache clerezza
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2011 20:28:24 GMT
Just be warned that the ASF infrastructure team do not support a wide
range of solutions for managing Apache websites. The main reason is that
they have to make sure our servers stay up and running and you'd be
surprised at the load placed on them and the security requirements we have.

The basic rule is that the content must be statically served from ASF
servers and that content must be placed in SVN to allow infra to do
their "magic".

The ASF provides simple CMS system for creating websites. I'd describe
this as bare bones, but functional. It allows for online and offline
(via subversion) editing. There are also a number of tools for
generating the static content from other sources.

When it comes time to consider the publication chain your mentors will
tell you more.

Ross