From Henry Story <henry.st...@bblfish.net>
Subject Why we need distributed social networks
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 16:15:31 GMT
The recent Wikileak affair shows very clearly why you cannot rely on any of the centralised
cloud servers or networks to do the right thing.

Perhaps most interestingly here is a story of possible Twitter censorship of Wikileaks
http://bubbloy.wordpress.com/2010/12/05/twitter-is-censoring-the-discussion-of-wikileaks/

The wikileaks issue is complex as I argue here

  http://tinyurl.com/stripleak

But it really needs distributed social networks. So again, I'll try to stop being sidetracked
by issues that were obviously bound to happen with centralised systems, and get back to building
them.

Henry

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/