From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: shortening artifact-ids
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 11:47:12 GMT
Hi all,

2010/11/8 Tsuyoshi Ito <tsuy.ito@trialox.org>

> hi there
>
> I am little bit concerned about the renaming because all users have to
> change their dependencies (as long as apache clerezza has missing
> release 1.0 features and stability issues). Seems to be a lot of work
> for them as well.
>
> IMO it makes sense to remove "org.apache.clerezza" from the artifactid
> but the question is when should it be removed - I think it would be ok
> when all necessary improvements/bugfixes for release 1.0 are done.

+1, I also think that we need to close the issues for the release then do a
"code-freeze" before start that refactoring.

[WISH]
Do you consider also changing directory names (removing org.apache.clerezza
prefix)?
I know that's not easy and requires a lot of work (SVN delete and add) but
it would make browsing modules much more easy.
[/WISH]

> I am not sure about the renaming of the parent to something else and I
> am against renaming it to "clerezza".

clerezza-parent or clerezza-reactor could be good.
Regards,
Tommaso