From Tsuyoshi Ito <tsuy....@trialox.org>
Subject How to implement a CUG app with customized login page
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 10:09:40 GMT
Hi folks

I have a question about how to implement an CUG app with customized
login page in apache clerezza:

I want to implement an app for a specific group of users (users who
have a specific role). these users have special permissions and should
also have a dedicated login page (own Look&Feel - they should not seen
the apache clerezza login page).

As far as I know it is possible to create a customized login page with
2 form fields (username and password) and submit/post it to the
corresponding jaxrs resource of apache clerezza. But when the login
attempt failed the user is redirected to the login page of apache
clerezza - this behaviour is confusing for the users. Therefore I am
searching for an elegant way to customize the redirect after a failed
login attempt?

ATM I would implement a jaxrs "login" method (see CookieLogin.java in
org.apache.clerezza.platform.security.auth.cookie), which takes care
of the login and redirect.

Are there any other possibilities to customize the redirect?

Cheers
Tsuy