From Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <reto.bachm...@trialox.org>
Subject Re: Jena as OSGi bundle?
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 15:19:24 GMT
Hi Paolo

Would be great if Jena culd natively be run in an osgi container.

Why would you like to keep the packaging value "jar" in the pom? I
think it should be possible to associate the bundle (or bundleall)
goal of the maven-bundle-plugin to the defaukt packaging phase, but I
think its easier to use packaging "bundle".

Another thing to consider is if some depenendencies have to be
included in the jar, the current clerezza bundle contains most
dependencies as we didn't find them as bundles, however having the
dependencies in the jar is not useful outside the context of osgi (I
think). It might worth considering having a jena jar without
dependencies and one with. The first could only use in a container
where all required packages are exported by other bundles.

Cheers,
Reto