From Franco Fallica <franco.fall...@getunik.com>
Subject AW: UIMA integration
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 08:03:01 GMT
Hi Tommaso,

I've been working on something quite similar. And while looking at your code I decided to
abandon my stuff and rather use yours as a basis for what we are trying to accomplish. Would
it be possible for you to write a (very) short how-to about how to use your implementation
or could you provide a short example?

thanks in advance and kind regards
franco

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Tommaso Teofili [mailto:tommaso.teofili@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 5. November 2010 16:59
An: clerezza-dev
Betreff: UIMA integration

Hi all,
a quick recap on UIMA integration capabilities.
There are 4 components:

   1. Ontologies module which is useful to build graphs, just like other
   *ontologies module inside Clerezza, on top of UIMA typse and features
   2. Utils module, I just refactored this module to expose a better API,
   now having UIMAServicesFacade which offers more flexibility and
   extensibility. That having one actual implementation ExternalServicesFacade,
   which exploits external services wrapped inside UIMA to extract tags,
   language, suggested category, named entites and concepts from a piece of
   text. Utils module offers also a UIMAUtils.enhanceNode method to create the
   graph nodes for UIMA types and feature to bind them to the node that whose
   resource text has been enriched.
   3. Metadata-generator module offers the possibility to enrich uploaded
   stuff with UIMA via ExternalServicesFacade.
   4. Concept-tagging module, just committed, at the moment consists of one
   class which extends org.apache.clerezza.concepts.core class ResourceTagger
   enabling automatic concept tagging on the  resource via
   ExternalServicesFacade (actually UIMA and AlchemyAPI) of the specified
   resource.

If you have any issues or comments, please let me know.
Regards,
Tommaso