From Reto Bachmann-Gmür <reto.bachm...@trialox.org>
Subject Accessing services from scala server pages
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 17:59:05 GMT
I've been skeptical toward the proposal of allowing access to osgi services from ssp. As an
alternative I suggested a special in interface (WebRenderingFunction) services can expose
to provide a side-effect free function to be used in ssp.

It turns out that such a function needs fleixibility both for arguments and for return type.
As an alternative I thouht of following alternatives:

- ssp can access any service, but by running with a particular set of code base permissions
they cannot succesfully invoke functions that e.g. modify an mgraph.
- ssp can access only services which are annotated indicating to be suitable for that use
- as abobe but on method level (harder to implement)

I'm welcoming ideas, opinions and comments.

Cheers,
Reto