From Tsuyoshi Ito <tsuy....@trialox.org>
Subject Re: IE Cache problem with repeating Ajax Requests
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 13:07:03 GMT
On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer
<reto.bachmann@trialox.org> wrote:
> Hi Tsuy
>
> Why do you think the headers hould only be added for IE? No Browser should
> cache those responses. It can be done via means of jax-rs in the individual
> root resource or typerenderer.

IE caches ajax request as default. Never saw/recongized this in
Chrome/Firefox. I think most of the jax-rs resources and typerender
don't want to cache the ajax requests - so default should be no cache.
Makes no sense for me to update all jaxrs resources and typrender
(there a lot of in our projects)

Or maybe it should be the serializer to add
> some reasonable (and configurable) defaults if this hasn't explicitely been
> explicitely set by the Handler.

What do you mean with serializer: MessageBodyWriter or somewhere in triaxrs?