From Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <reto.bachm...@trialox.org>
Subject Re: Users as UriRefs instead of BNodes
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 13:05:38 GMT
On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 2:36 PM, Tsuyoshi Ito <tsuy.ito@trialox.org> wrote:

> IMO 99% of the users (of an application based on apache clerezza) has
> no idea what an openid or webid is.

Many users don't, that's why when adding a user in the user there shall be
the possibility to make the acoount "pre initialized" giving the user a URI
right away.

> the users are not ready yet for
> such cutting-edge technologies so we have to hide it.

We have to hide the complexity, creating a profile is two clicks, adding a
cert to your browser so you don't have to enter your password next time is
another two clicks. Reusing your webid on another site is possibly a feature
for only 1% of the users, this involves entering your WebId in a textfield
and one click.

> The dilemma is
> they have to use custom applications developed by third party company.

Ifr we have a "pre initialize"-checkbox in the user-manager I think we
satisfy both usecases, creating users that are not expected to use currently
or possibly benefit from openid or webid in future as well as supporting
users that don't want to remember yet another account but simply want use
their existing webid/openid/google/yahoo account (or don't mind two clicks
if they don't).

Cheers,
reto