From Tsuyoshi Ito <tsuy....@trialox.org>
Subject Re: Users as UriRefs instead of BNodes
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2010 09:51:30 GMT
On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer
<reto.bachmann@trialox.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Tsuyoshi Ito <tsuy.ito@trialox.org> wrote:
>
>> Users as BNodes are very troublesome in the daily business especially
>> if apps using their own graphs. I know in theory it makes sense to
>> have users as BNodes but i suggest not to use users as BNodes in
>> praxis.
>>
> I think its completely ok not to offer some functionality to users as long
> as they don't have a WebId, this is what is currently done  (without WebId
> no user graphs).

Missunderstanding, try to explain it: Developers creating apps. these
apps associate users with content in their own graphs therefore a
BNode with the necessary data of a user has to be stored in the app
graph. Methods have to be implemented to retrieve users and associate
them with the system graph users. This procedure is error-prone.

Therefore I suggest not to use Bnodes as default option because it
makes the live a lot easier for the developers.