From zoe slattery <zoe.slatt...@gmail.com>
Subject Building Clerezza
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 09:40:47 GMT
  Hi Reto

I have a hello world sample running - very nice :-) Now I will probably
have a few more questions about what it's doing, but I'll look at the
code first.

Here is exactly what I did, modified slightly from your original
instructions. It might be nice to put this on the project web pages
somewhere?

    * Building the code:
          o svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/clerezza/
          o cd scala-scripting
          o mvn clean install
          o cd ..
          o cd org.apache.clerezza.parent
          o mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true
                + NB - I'm skipping tests because of the hang, here:
                  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLEREZZA-326
    * Start clerezza:
          o cd org.apache.clerezza.platform.launcher.tdb/target
          o java -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -jar
            org.apache.clerezza.platform.launcher.tdb-0.5-incubating-SNAPSHOT.jar
            (ignore an exception message about missing keystore)
          o You should now have clerezza running on port 8080. Navigate
            to http://localhost:8080/
    * Running a HelloWorld app:
          o cd trunk/maven-archetypes/java-ssp-ttl/
          o mvn clean install -o
          o You have now compiled the demo/skeleton consisting of two
            bundles (ontologies and core)
    * Install the app bundles:
          o Go back to the terminal where clerezza is running (pressing
            Enter should reveal the OSGi console prompt "->"), and enter
          o start mvn:org.apache.clerezza.java-ssp-ttl-skeleton/ontologies
          o start mvn:org.apache.clerezza.java-ssp-ttl-skeleton/core
    * Check that things are working correctly:
          o Point browser to: http://localhost:8080/greeting/manager
          o Enter a URI at which you want to create a greeting page,
            e.g. http://localhost:8080/hello-world
          o Enter the "Hello World" word
          o Press submit, if asked for a user/password enter "admin"
            twice (the next step would be to create a WebId for secure
            log-in without password)
          o Point the browser to the newly created greeting-resource
            (like http://localhost:8080/hello-world)

Thanks!
Zoƫ