From "Marco Zaugg" <marco.za...@trialox.org>
Subject RE: FOO proposal and Clerezza
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 12:45:07 GMT
Very good point sir. I also would like to add, that Trialox
launched a Open Source Web CMS based on Apache Clerezza and therefore is
even closer to FOO.

Another thing is the differentation to the Apache UIMA/TIKA projects
as it seems that FOO actually is a mixture of Clerezza/UIMA/TIKA and some
more components.

@Bertrand: As you seem to be the main architect behind this initiative I'm
wondering how you see the coexistence of those Apache projects. Could FOO
not just be a Subproject of Clerezza as FOO already use main components
of Clerezza?

Just wondering

-----Original Message-----
From: reto@trialox.org [mailto:reto@trialox.org] On Behalf Of Reto Bachmann-Gmuer
Sent: Freitag, 29. Oktober 2010 14:13
To: clerezza-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: FOO proposal and Clerezza

Hello

You probabbly have already seen the FOO proposal (
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/FOOproposal).

The goal ("a modular software stack and reusable set of components for
semantic content management") seems quite similar to the one of Clerezza
("an OSGi-based modular application and set of components (bundles) for
building RESTFul Semantic Web applications and services.").

Since several people are involved in both project, I'm curios on how the two
projects goals or approaches differ, FOO is for Semantic Content Management,
Clerezza for Semantic Web Application. Is there really a difference (taking
into account how Celrezza isn't just focuses on the web presentation layers
but on the whole stack)?

Cheers,
Reto