From Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <reto.bachm...@trialox.org>
Subject Re: Failing site Hudson job
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 20:18:20 GMT
On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Tommaso Teofili
<tommaso.teofili@gmail.com>wrote:

> Going through the issue with clerezza-site I noticed that the first problem
> is on ScalaDoc generation inside SCB Scala Utils module and so I wondered
> which Scala version it is using.
> I took a look at the parent POM, where a scala.version property is defined
> and I saw there is 2.8.0.RC5 , I think that it would be better to change it
> to 2.8.0 (final version).
> What do you think?

we should bring everything to the final scala 2.8.0, the main bundles are
not below the "parent for all" but in the scala-scripting sibling project.
The bundleization of scala compile and libraries might no longer be needed
as the servicemix version could be used instead:
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/servicemix/bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.scala-compiler/2.8.0_1/

As different Scala versions are not binary compatible it is important not to
have multiple versions in different modules (remembering some weird errors).

By the way, the issue with Scala Utils was due to an old version of
> maven-scala-plugin and it's now fixed; however latest clerezza-site failed
> inside Platform Dashboard Tests module, now inspecting that one.

I think this plugin should have its version defined in the plugin-management
section of the parent section, so that individual projects need not (and
shall not) specify the version.

Cheers,
reto