From Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <reto.bachm...@trialox.org>
Subject Re: osgi wrappers for Jena etc.
Date Sat, 11 Sep 2010 19:25:47 GMT
On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 7:16 PM, Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11 September 2010 11:48, Reto Bachmann-Gmür <reto@gmuer.ch> wrote:
>> Hi Danny
>> Its true that mainly because of some included js libraries clerezza is quite
>> big. Still to get an application running you don't have to care about much
>> than rdf backend (optionally with the jena frontend adapter to keep coding
>> against the jena api) and jax-rs.  So I'd recommend you to start coding with
>> the whole of Clerezza (which comes as launchers including felix) and only if
>> at the end you want to make a slim distro remove the stuff you don't need
>> (the big things are jena, scala and yui).
>
> Thanks.
>
> Hmm, I do want jena, scala and I supppose yui stuff might be
> useful...so I might as well go that way around.
>
> Guess I've got some more reading to do. Any tips on how to
> tweak/osgi-ise my existing blog & swing code to make it plug in to
> Clerezza (and act as the main() ).
For the swing code: here I think you have to start a thread (or actor)
in the activate method of a component, see
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/clerezza/trunk/maven-archetypes/java-ssp-ttl/core/src/main/java/org/apache/clerezza/skeleton/GreetingManager.java
for an example comonent with an activate method.

For the blog: here you probably don't need to start a thread, no main
method replacemnt is needed, you just need to make the jax-rs
resources services (as the GreetingManager.java) and access the rdf
graph by having the TcManager injected (or the ContentGraphProvider as
in GreetingManager.java), if you want you can wrap the MGraph to
become a jena Model.

If you're using scala instead of java it is slightly more complicated
to created components (some xml to edit).

More tomorrow, for now good night!

reto