From Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <r...@trialox.org>
Subject Re: Caching in .ssp
Date Sat, 11 Sep 2010 10:43:28 GMT
Hi Manuel

If I understand you correctly your proposal is about caching arbitrary
java objects that would otherwise need to be generated multiple time.

This is relevant for ScalaServerPages as these cannot access OSGi
services directly which could otherwise take care of computation of
the objects as well as appropriate caching. I think for ssps and other
renderlets we should introduce mechanism that allow caching of the
resulting snippet. A renderlet should be able to indicated how long
the result it generates is valid and also which modifications to an
underlying graph causes the otherwise cacheable result to be
invalidated.

Before addressing this issue I think we should:
- select the renderlet based on a global type priority list (same as
for typerendering), generate this typepriority list taking into
account ordering constraints (provided typically by bundles) in a
similar fashion as the ordering of documentation

And maybe also:
- make it easier to register ssps (withouit needing service call) and
have them as well as statically served file easily overwritable at
runtime (preventing the need of redeploys when fine-tuning the
frontend).

Cheers,
reto