From Alexandre Passant <alexandre.pass...@deri.org>
Subject Re: Microblogging article
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 12:19:19 GMT
HI,

On 13 Sep 2010, at 12:15, Henry Story wrote:

> I just read the very good paper on Alexandre Passant's work on their SMOB project [1]
> "Rethinking Microblogging: Open, Distributed, Semantic" [2]. Sadly that is one of those
papers you have to pay to get access to, making a great document less available in the process,
sadly.
> (I have CCed Alex, so you can perhaps get a copy of it from him directly)

Thanks for the mention, Henry.
I still have to put papers in open access on NUIG website and on my homepage, but atm, if
you require it, just drop me an email.

> It should be a good project I think to do an implementation of SMOB in Clerezza, as part
of the project of creating a blog engine for it. That should both help grow the SMOB community,
and provide feedback and new views on the implementation.

I'm not sure on what "implementing SMOB" in Clerezza means (since that's an app by itself),
but getting a microblogging system using the same principles would indeed be great.

Also, I'm moving from the current protocol to a oStatus [1] + SPARQL/Update one, so that it
can be integrated with other oStatus applications (including status.net).
Hopefully there will be more news about it soon.

Best,

Alex.

[1] http://ostatus.org/

--