From Henry Story <henry.st...@bblfish.net>
Subject Re: Microblogging article
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 12:29:30 GMT

On 13 Sep 2010, at 13:19, Alexandre Passant wrote:

> HI,
>
> On 13 Sep 2010, at 12:15, Henry Story wrote:
>
>> I just read the very good paper on Alexandre Passant's work on their SMOB project
[1]
>> "Rethinking Microblogging: Open, Distributed, Semantic" [2]. Sadly that is one of
those papers you have to pay to get access to, making a great document less available in the
process, sadly.
>> (I have CCed Alex, so you can perhaps get a copy of it from him directly)
>
> Thanks for the mention, Henry.
> I still have to put papers in open access on NUIG website and on my homepage, but atm,
if you require it, just drop me an email.

Great. Definitely a good thing to do, as it is great documentation for your project.

>> It should be a good project I think to do an implementation of SMOB in Clerezza,
as part of the project of creating a blog engine for it. That should both help grow the SMOB
community, and provide feedback and new views on the implementation.

> I'm not sure on what "implementing SMOB" in Clerezza means (since that's an app by itself),
but getting a microblogging system using the same principles would indeed be great.

Well just to get a component that can interoperate with your software. :-) As what you have
written uses php, perhaps one could just add a php layer to Clerezza. I think I saw php =>java
libs out there.

> Also, I'm moving from the current protocol to a oStatus [1] + SPARQL/Update one, so that
it can be integrated with other oStatus applications (including status.net).
> Hopefully there will be more news about it soon.

Thanks will look at that more carefully, and see if there are other ideas one can develop
in this space...

Other ideas that may be useful would be to integrate
http://esw.w3.org/Pingback (Or criticize it - perhaps there is a better option).

I'll try to do some basic work here

> Best,
>
> Alex.