From Henry Story <henry.st...@bblfish.net>
Subject SSL browser issues
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2010 19:41:03 GMT
I have been investigating issues with browser side SSL logout last week. The issue is a lot
more visible with the way we have set up Clerezza at present with foaf+ssl (the WebID protocol),
as we have put the whole site behind HTTPS.

The issues are essentially browser bugs and UI problems that need to be fixed. So if people
here can help vote on the issues, or if they know ways of creating a coalition of people who
can help us move the browser vendors in the right direction please let me know.

1. Identity in the browser

The main User Interface issue I summarised in the Google Chrome bug 29784 [0], would be fixed
by making the client certificate visible and selectable as shown in this initial prototype
fix