From Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <reto.bachm...@trialox.org>
Subject Re: Hello & apps
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2010 09:00:47 GMT
Hi Danny

I created what should become a maven prototype, a simple project on
clerezza using java, ScalaServerPages and turtle.

It is here: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/clerezza/trunk/maven-archetypes/java-ssp-ttl/

So no need to learn mercurila ;)

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23 August 2010 09:13, Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <reto.bachmann@trialox.org> wrote:
>> I just pushed a simple wall app to: bitbucket.org/reto/wall, not sure
>> if such a thing belongs into clerezza or maybe apache labs, but for
>> not-yet-committer to be able to easily participate for now I posted it
>> on bitbucket.
>
> hmm, now I have to learn how to use bitbucket :)
>
>> You open up a wall by setting the type to :Wall in the content graph,
>> than anybody can post, the interesting bit is that everybody is
>> actually posting to their personal public graph with an rdfs:seeAlso
>> being added to the content-graph.
>
> So...in a blog context do you think each of these could count as a :Wall -
>
> 1. my blog front page (say most recent 10 posts by me)
> 2. an individual post page (1 post from me, any comments posted by other people)

I would rather create :Blog and :Article (or use atom:Entry, or sioc:... )
> ?
>
>> the project doesn't use ScalaServerPages but renderlets in scala
>> (using the newly added support classes),
>
> beh, need to investigate these too (my intuition reckons renderlets
> are they right way to go)
>
>> the advantage of this is that
>> you have more ide support,
>
> where?/how? - think I'm missing something here
Writing an entire scala class is something the ide underatnds if it
supports scala, there's currently no IDE supporting ScalaServerPages

> the disadvanatage that you have to update
>> the bundle if you do a change in it, and of course that the class
>> contains a header and a footer that isn't needed in a ScalaServerPage.
>
> for the two blog cases, you'd probably want different headers &
> footers and including them in the code isn't a big deal - in fact it
> might be advantageous to keep them with the rest of the code so
> everything's in one place, less chance of getting in a muddle
There's a missunderstanding here, this is not about the footer header
in the page but about some boilerplate code you don't need in
ScalaServerPages.

Cheers,
reto