From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Push for a release
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 09:01:36 GMT
Hi all,
I agree with Reto regarding the shortening of the artifacts ids, but this is
going to be a huge work and maybe we should set a "code freeze" for a couple
of days while doing this name refactoring or make this work in a branch
(maybe better).
I think we should point out the list of issues to be closed in a couple of
weeks and defer everything else past the release.
This is my short list of must-fix issues:

   - CLEREZZA-245 - read/write locks are not set in different projects
   - CLEREZZA-215 - Triaxrs: jaxrs resources/providers are not bound after
   the first start, because their reference is static
   - CLEREZZA-206 - test failures in
   org.apache.clerezza.rdf.jena.tdb.storage

>From what I see on ohloh.net Clerezza code analysis [1], I think a
significant part of the release process will be also verifying the code and
dependencies' licenses.
My opinion regarding the writing of a tutorial is that we should work on it
just after we have a release so that people can get Clerezza artifacts from
a repository and/or download a distribution to play with. The release will
also force us to have a clean working build process we can then document on
the tutorials so that people shouldn't find so hard to just do a 'mvn
compile'.

Cheers,
Tommaso

[1] : https://www.ohloh.net/p/clerezza/analyses/latest