From Michael Dürig <michael.due...@day.com>
Subject Re: Common Scala Bundles
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 16:15:35 GMT

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this up again. The Scala scripting engine for Sling
evolved somewhat since it was copied over to clerezza: Sling
dependencies have been removed and factored out. AFIK the current
version used in clerezza does not fulfill some of the requirements of
the Sling scripting engine (configurability, abstraction of file
system). However, since I wont be able to contribute much in the coming
weeks, I think the version of clerezza might well serve as a starting
point. I'd be happy to merge the changes required by Sling into it later
on.

However, I think the Scala incubator [1] might be a better place for the
Scala scripting engine. That way there is the chance for it making it
into the Scala distro some time in the future.

Michael