From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UIMA ExternalServicesFacade (was Re: Clerezza website)
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 08:43:27 GMT
Hi Florent

2010/6/16 Florent André <florent.andre-dev@4sengines.com>

> Hi Tommaso, Hi all,
>
> Hope you have a more real summer weather that us...

Yes, we have real warm sunny days at 30°C average :)

> $ sudo history | grep "useful part" :
>
> On Sun, 30 May 2010 16:39:06 +0200, Tommaso Teofili
> <tommaso.teofili@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2010/5/30 Oliver Strässer <oliver.straesser@getunik.com>
> >>
> >> Maybe we can begin the "getting started" page here ? :)
> >> Here comes my "really just user" questions :
> >>
> >> A/ How to use OpenCalais and AlchemyAPI services ?
> >>

> > There is the UIMA integration which uses AlchemyAPI and OpenCalais to
> > enrich
> > graphnodes, documentation still needs to be done, I'll do it as soon as
> > possible but firstly I think we need to write an ontology for generated
> > UIMA
> > entities (I am doing this at the moment but I think that if Oliver has
> > already something in place it would be nice to have a look) so that the
> > graph gets enrihced in a proper RDF way.
> >
> > Take a look at this in the meantime:
> >

> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/clerezza/trunk/org.apache.clerezza.parent/org.apache.clerezza.uima/org.apache.clerezza.uima.metadata-generator/src/main/java/org/apache/clerezza/uima/metadatagenerator/UIMABaseMetadataGenerator.java
> > and at
> >

> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/clerezza/trunk/org.apache.clerezza.parent/org.apache.clerezza.uima/org.apache.clerezza.uima.utils/src/main/java/org/apache/clerezza/uima/utils/ExternalServicesFacade.java
> >

> I try (and get) a result from ExternalServicesFacade. I have a
> List<Annotation> result from esf.getCalaisAnnotations(document).
>
> But the problem is that I can't use the annot.getCoveredText() on the 2
> firsts of the list because annot.begin() and annot.end() contains -7. So
> annot.getCoveredText() send an outOfBound error...

It's a strange behavior since tests on ESF involve also a call to
annot.getCoveredText() to control text inside it, without arising any issue.
Could you paste here which text do you pass to ESF as a parameter?

> As I'm not really involve in Clerezza and uima structure for now, do you
> have suggestion for this error ? It's a bug ? If yes more Clerezza part or
> uima one ?

Could you explain better the use case where the method call arises this
issue?

> My test class in attachment if any (code on a motorcycle :) ).

I can't find any test class in attachment (or maybe I misunderstood what you
mean :P).
However I am doing some tests to see what could cause such a issue both on
UIMA and Clerezza UIMA modules.
Cheers.
Tommaso