From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject SPARQL query performance/scalability
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 08:31:08 GMT
Hi,

We are using some Clerezza modules to implement SPARQL queries in IKS FISE.

I'm wondering about the performance/scalability of SPARQL queries as
done in our ClerezzaSparqlQueryEngine [1], which is based on an
example that Manuel created at the first FISE hackathon.

That code collects all available triples from the triple store in an
ArrayList, creates an UnionGraph by converting that collection to an
array, and passes that graph to TcManager.executeSparqlQuery(...)

Unless I'm missing something, it looks like that would use tons of
memory if the TcManager stores lots of triples, is there a way to make
this more scalable?

Also, is TcManager.executeSparqlQuery(...) efficient and scalable, or
are there usage limitations that we should take into account?

Thanks for any help, and RTFM links are welcome of course.

-Bertrand

[1] http://iks-project.googlecode.com/svn/sandbox/fise/trunk/clerezza/clerezza-sparql/src/main/java/eu/iksproject/fise/clerezza/sparql/ClerezzaSparqlQueryEngine.java