From florent andré <florent.andre-...@4sengines.com>
Subject Docu update of tutorial_1 in rdf.core (was Re: Clerezza website)
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 13:02:24 GMT
Hi all,

I begin to try Clerezza with the rdf.core tutorial suggested by Tommaso.
As I read and try, I update the tutorial, you can find the associated
patch here : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLEREZZA-234

Here comes some "problems" found during the tutorial. Suggestions welcomes.

*About slf4j : *
- version into the doc is 1.5.5, in central, there is now 1.6. Do you
know with version is the most suitable for now ?

(works with 1.5.5)

*About mvn execution : *
- I have some problems for execute the created class with command line
suggested in tutorial...
- command line : mvn compile exec:java
-Dexec.mainClass=org.example.clerezza.scb.tutorial1.App -e
- error : object is not an instance of declaring class
- full stack trace [1]

Do another try in eclipse and it's works, seems that eclipse use the
mojoExecution resource:resource as parameter...

Any idea is welcome.

[1]
+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'exec'.
[INFO]
[INFO] Building tutorial1
[INFO]    task-segment: [compile, exec:java]
[INFO]
[INFO] [resources:resources {execution: default-resources}]
[INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
[INFO] skip non existing resourceDirectory
/home/florent/devel/dev-others/clerezza/clerezza-modules/rdfTutorial/tutorial1/src/main/resources
[INFO] snapshot
org.apache.clerezza:org.apache.clerezza.rdf.core:0.12-incubating-SNAPSHOT:
checking for updates from apache
[INFO] snapshot
org.apache.clerezza:org.apache.clerezza.parent:0.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT:
checking for updates from apache
[INFO] snapshot
org.apache.clerezza:org.apache.clerezza.rdf.utils:0.13-incubating-SNAPSHOT:
checking for updates from apache
[INFO] snapshot
org.apache.clerezza:org.apache.clerezza.rdf.ontologies:0.11-incubating-SNAPSHOT:
checking for updates from apache
[INFO] snapshot
org.apache.clerezza:org.apache.clerezza.rdf.ontologies:0.11-incubating-SNAPSHOT:
checking for updates from ops4j
[INFO] snapshot
org.apache.clerezza:org.apache.clerezza.utils:0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT:
checking for updates from apache
[INFO] snapshot
org.apache.clerezza:org.apache.clerezza.utils:0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT:
checking for updates from ops4j
[INFO] snapshot
org.apache.clerezza:org.apache.clerezza.rdf.core.test:0.13-incubating-SNAPSHOT:
checking for updates from apache
[INFO] snapshot
org.apache.clerezza:org.apache.clerezza.rdf.core.test:0.13-incubating-SNAPSHOT:
checking for updates from ops4j
[INFO] snapshot
org.apache.clerezza:org.apache.clerezza.rdf.jena.parser:0.10-incubating-SNAPSHOT:
checking for updates from apache
[INFO] snapshot
org.apache.clerezza:org.apache.clerezza.rdf.jena.facade:0.12-incubating-SNAPSHOT:
checking for updates from apache
[INFO] snapshot
org.apache.clerezza:org.apache.clerezza.rdf.jena.facade:0.12-incubating-SNAPSHOT:
checking for updates from ops4j
[INFO] snapshot
org.apache.clerezza:org.apache.clerezza.rdf.jena.commons:0.5-incubating-SNAPSHOT:
checking for updates from apache
[INFO] snapshot
org.apache.clerezza:org.apache.clerezza.rdf.jena.commons:0.5-incubating-SNAPSHOT:
checking for updates from ops4j
[INFO] snapshot
org.apache.clerezza:org.apache.clerezza.rdf.jena.serializer:0.9-incubating-SNAPSHOT:
checking for updates from apache
[INFO] snapshot
org.apache.clerezza:org.apache.clerezza.rdf.simple.storage:0.7-incubating-SNAPSHOT:
checking for updates from apache
[INFO] [compiler:compile {execution: default-compile}]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] Preparing exec:java
[INFO] No goals needed for project - skipping
[INFO] [exec:java {execution: default-cli}]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] An exception occured while executing the Java class. object is
not an instance of declaring class

[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: An exception
occured while executing the Java class. object is not an instance of
declaring class
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:719)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:569)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:387)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:348)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:180)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:328)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:138)
         at
org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:60)
         at
         at
         at
         at
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: An exception
occured while executing the Java class. object is not an instance of
declaring class
         at
org.codehaus.mojo.exec.ExecJavaMojo.execute(ExecJavaMojo.java:338)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:490)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:694)
         ... 17 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: object is not an instance
of declaring class
         at
         at
         at org.codehaus.mojo.exec.ExecJavaMojo$1.run(ExecJavaMojo.java:283)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 16 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Jun 14 10:33:25 CEST 2010
[INFO] Final Memory: 11M/88M
[INFO]