From Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <reto.bachm...@trialox.org>
Subject Suggesting change breaking compatibility: RichGraphNode.as (rdf utilities for scala)
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 17:46:30 GMT
Currently with the scala rdf utilities a literal can be converted to a java
object as follows:

lit.as(classOf[java.util.Date])

by using an implicit Manifest argument this can be siplyfied to
lit.as[java.util.Date]

unfortunately this doesn't work when having to overloaded as-methods.

So the alternatives are
1. change the as-method, breaking code (ScalaServerPages) that use the as
method
2. use a new name, like "to" for the new easier method

I guess that the as method is rarely used so I suggest the first option if
nobody cries or suggests a better name than "as" (so we could deprecate the
public as-method maintaining compatibility) I'll change the method
signature.

CHeers,
reto