From Tsuyoshi Ito <tsuy....@clerezza.com>
Subject Re: Backup Strategy for content graph
Date Sun, 02 May 2010 14:34:33 GMT
Hi Fabian

On Apr 30, 2010, at 4:41 PM, Fabian Wabbel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We're using the integrated backup solution from Clerezza at the moment for backing up
the content graph (eg. http://localhost:8383/admin/backup/download). In one of our production
systems, the graph is quite big and we're now facing problems copying it to another machine
each night (at the moment it's 200m, if the size increases as it did before, it will hit 1g
in the next weeks). Any idea how to create differential backups or any other advice to solve
this issue?

I think the graph is quite big because your system stores all digital assets in a graph. I
suggest to remove the digital assets from the graph and store it directly on the filesystem
or in a database optimized for storing digital assets (pdf, images etc)

Cheers
Tsuy