From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for March 2010 (clerezza-dev@incubator.apache.org)
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 15:21:20 GMT
2010/3/12 Marco Zaugg <marco.zaugg@getunik.com>

> Tommaso, we (getunik) just integrated the AlchemyAPI natively. It is nicely
> integrated into a online media monitoring solution we built for a large
> international
> Non-Profit organization. Would be very interesting to get more infos about
> your UIMA integration, so we
> could switch our installation. Are there any documents, tutorials or infos
> regardig your work?

Hi Marco,

There is generated documentation for AlchemyAPI Annotator inside Apache UIMA
Sandbox on how to use it:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/uima/sandbox/trunk/AlchemyAPIAnnotator/docs/pdf/AlchemyAPIAnnotatorUserGuide.pdf?view=co
I know it's not much, but this is still a "young" contribution so I hope I
will have chance to enhance it, note that this is only related to AlchemyAPI
- UIMA (not to Clerezza).

For the integration of AlchemyAPI Annotator inside Clerezza, a simple sample
is already there inside the org.apache.uima.metadata-generator module.
At the moment I didn't manage to find time to write docs or tutorials, I
hope to fill the gap soon and let you know :-)

One more thing to note is that at the moment there is no "official" way, in
terms of community driven decision, of having OSGi bundles of UIMA
annotators (discussion ongoing on uima-dev@i.a.o, see
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-uima-dev/201003.mbox/<
b917db631003030603o51a5aa45tc7384fa0662f1257@mail.gmail.com> ) although
there is an OSGi version of the entire UIMA framework used with Equinox for
the Eclipse plugins of UIMA.
Now I'm putting together and testing a small Maven project (it's only POMs
using Maven Felix plugin) to solve this temporarily (
http://code.google.com/p/osgi-uima-sandbox/ ).

So my advice would be to wait some more time to have more functionalities,
docs and "official" UIMA OSGi support for annotators.
Thanks for your interest :-)

2010/3/12 Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org>

> Thanks very much for taking care of this, I have signed off the report
> (though I'm technically not a mentor, "just" champion.)
> I think it's not been sent to the board yet, so we're fine.

Looks good! Thanks :-)

Cheers,
Tommaso