From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Integration with Apache UIMA - Approaches
Date Sat, 30 Jan 2010 08:43:47 GMT
Hi all,

2010/1/27 Tsuyoshi Ito <tsuy.ito@trialox.org>

> Sounds great! The integration of UIMA  would boost this project - no doubt,
> clerezza would benefit a lot (especially for the user acceptance).
> Furthermore I am very interested in comparing different services like
> OpenCalais or Zemanta on clerezza.

Zemanta is very interesting, many APIs can be still integrated in UIMA (and
be compared).
So we can start from the approach based on external services and let it grow
as needs arise.

2010/1/28 Marco Zaugg <marco.zaugg@getunik.com>

> Tommaso, this is great news.
>
> Would love to see, how we can tightly integrate it to Clerezza.
>
> Is UIMA yet available as a set of OSGI bundles? Just found an
> old post [1], but wondered whether there are any plans to
> have OSGI support built-in by default to the UIMA framework?
>

> [1] http://cwiki.apache.org/UIMA/uima-osgi-enablement.html

we are currently talking about OSGI and UIMA, however there area already two
modules for bundling the UIMA core and the UIMA core + Asynchronous Scaleout
as a whole.
Cheers,
Tommaso