From NehaS Singh <NehaS.Si...@lntinfotech.com>
Subject Integration with log4j
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2012 09:26:49 GMT
Hi,
                I am trying to collect logs from log4j.i have added the chukwa-0.5.0-client.jar
file to Class path
I am following the instructions given on this site
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Sending_information_to_Chukwa
My Problem is whenever a run java program to create log files that is using log4j properties
of apache log4j it throws error Record_Type not defined

 1.  Create a log4j.properties file that contains the following information:
    *   log4j.rootLogger=INFO, chukwa
log4j.appender.chukwa=org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.inputtools.log4j.ChukwaDailyRollingFileAppender<http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ChukwaDailyRollingFileAppender>
log4j.appender.chukwa.File=${CHUKWA_HOME}/logs/${RECORD_TYPE}.log log4j.appender.chukwa.DatePattern<http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/DatePattern>='.'yyyy-MM-dd
log4j.appender.chukwa.recordType=${RECORD_TYPE} log4j.appender.chukwa.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout<http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PatternLayout>
log4j.appender.chukwa.layout.ConversionPattern<http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ConversionPattern>=%d{ISO8601}
%p %c: %m%n

 1.  Add these parameters to your java command line:
    *   -DCHUKWA_HOME=${CHUKWA_HOME} -DRECORD_TYPE=<YourRecordType<http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/YourRecordType>_Here>
-Dlog4j.configuration=log4j.properties
What should I pass in place of Record_type ?
Please help

Regards,
Neha Singh

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential or privileged information
for the intended recipient(s). Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on
the basis of information in this e-mail and using or disseminating the information, and must
notify the sender and delete it from their system. L&T Infotech will not accept responsibility
or liability for the accuracy or completeness of, or the presence of any virus or disabling
code in this e-mail"