From Ariel Rabkin <asrab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: network compression between agent and collector
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2012 03:29:07 GMT
I would do the DataOutputBuffer level -- in general, compressing
bigger blocks is more efficient since the compression algorithm has
more room to find duplicates. But trying to stripe across buffers
would leave you with awkwardness in the presence of missing data.

 I would start with the DataOutputBuffer strategy, since it's easy to
do and not obviously the wrong thing -- if it seems to work
satisfactorily, declare victory and contribute the patch.

--
Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com
Princeton Computer Science Department