From Eric Yang <eric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Chukwa RPM does not create user "chukwa"
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 04:21:08 GMT
Hi Noel,

The file attachment action is located in "More Action" then attach file.
Once the file is attached, then use Submit Patch to change the state
of the jira.
In addition, could you update the patch to suppress user account
already exist message in
case of rpm upgrade?  Something like this:

/usr/sbin/useradd --comment "Chukwa" -u 210 --shell /bin/bash -M -r -g
 hadoop --home %{_prefix} %{uid} 2> /dev/null || :

Thanks

regards,
Eric

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 7:47 PM, Noel Duffy <noel.duffy@sli-systems.com> wrote:
> I wrote a patch to fix this issue, but the patch submission dialog in JIRA has no place
to actually put the patch itself, or at least none that I could see. I am attaching it to
this message instead. It's a very simple patch to create the user when the rpm is installed
and remove it when the rpm is uninstalled.

the company that we worked for had centralized LDAP.  Hence, it was neglected from RPM installation.
 Please file a jira, and we will fix it in the next minor release.  Thanks.

> regards,
> Eric
>
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 3:21 PM, Noel Duffy <noel.duffy@sli-systems.com> wrote:
>> The rpm built by "ant rpm" from Chukwa 0.4.0 attempts to set ownership of all installed
files to user "chukwa", but it does not create this user account or test whether it exists
before performing the installation. Is this deliberate, or should the rpm add the user first?