From Noel Duffy <noel.du...@sli-systems.com>
Subject Chukwa agents and collectors not responding to HUP signal
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 04:35:21 GMT
I have a single Chukwa agent and collector running (chukwa 0.4.0), but neither will respond
to the HUP signal that the stop-agents.sh and stop-collectors.sh scripts send. Even if I manually
send a HUP signal to the process PID, it does not stop. In bin/chukwa, the shell script has
these lines:

if [ "$1" = "stop" ]; then
  kill -1 `cat ${CHUKWA_PID_DIR}/$PID.pid`
else
  # run command

So I assumed that the processes were designed to respond to a HUP signal and gracefully exit
on receipt of one.

I have not yet attempted to trace through the code. I thought I would first check to see if
this is a known issue.