From Eric Yang <eric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: about hicc installation
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 20:02:38 GMT
When releasing Chukwa 0.4, we decided that we don't want to continue
to support loading data from HDFS to MySQL because that approach does
not scale well.  It is possible to restore the functionality by
copying dbAdmin.sh from Chukwa 0.3 to Chukwa 0.4 to restore mysql
functionality.  However we do not encourage it.

Try to run dbAdmin.sh as a background process.  Then run:

bin/chukwa dp

PostProcessMananger is the process to load data to MySQL.
Hope this works for you.

regards,
Eric

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 12:38 AM, zhangliuhang <zhangliuhang@ict.ac.cn> wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>        Thanks for your help~
>    I have done what you have told to me , but it seems that it did not work..., I found
that there are some other script files in chukwa 0.3.0/bin/, such as
> dbAdmin.sh , dbSetup.sh, dbLoader.sh and mdl.sh, but they are not in chukwa 0.4.0. So
it confuse me that how and when does chukwa 0.4.0 set up process to download data from hdfs
> Mysql database...and I don’t know what should I do next....
>
> regards,
> Liuhang

On Behalf Of Eric Yang
> Sent: 2011年12月12日 15:45
> To: chukwa-user@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: about hicc installation
>
> Hi Liuhang,
>
> You will need to have MySQL Connector/J jar file put into CHUKWA_HOME/lib directory,
and configure chukwa-env.sh to have:

> TODO_CHUKWA_JDBC_DRIVER=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
> TODO_CHUKWA_JDBC_URL_PREFIX=jdbc:mysql://
>
> both properties configured.  In addition, also specify jdbc.conf to have cluster name
maps to mysql url.  For example,

> demo=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test?user=root
>
> Detail instruction is also on Chukwa 0.4 document:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/chukwa/docs/r0.4.0/admin.html#Set+Up+the+Database
>
> regards,
> Eric
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 10:13 PM, zhangliuhang <zhangliuhang@ict.ac.cn> wrote:
>> Hi, Eric,
>>        Thanks for your help, I have set up hicc successfully, but I
>> encounter another problem that my database seemed to be nothing, The hicc show me
"no data available", I don't know how to download data from the hdfs to mysql, could you help
me ?

>> Liuhang Zhang

 Remove it from apache-tomcat webapp directory and stop apache tomcat.  Make sure HADOOP_CONF_DIR
is in class path by adding to chukwa-env.sh like this:

>> export CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:${HADOOP_CONF_DIR}
>>
>> regards,
>> Eric
>>
>> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 5:18 PM, wang zhihao <accept.acm@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> HI Eric
>>> I just try to install hicc, but I have encounter some troubles. Follows are my
operations:

>>> (1) copy hicc.war to /opt/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/webapps/
>>> (2) /chukwa/bin/hicc.sh start
>>>
>>> but it didn't work,here is the error:
>>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.rest.resource.ViewResource.getView(ViewResou
>>> r
>>> ce.java:55)
>>>
>>> Finally I found that it could not load the hadoop configration from
>>> the some files like core-site.xml, could you tell me what should I do to solve
this problem? Or could you show me your install flow about hicc? Thanks.