From Eric Yang <eric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: about hicc installation
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 04:53:11 GMT
You are welcome.  Best of luck.

regards,
Eric

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 7:25 PM, zhangliuhang <zhangliuhang@ict.ac.cn> wrote:
> Hi, Eric and everyone works on chukwa,
>        Thank you very much! I have install chukwa 0.4.0 successfully! And I hope
the 0.5.0 version could be released as soon as possible~
> Thanks for your work on chukwa~ I wish you the best of luck in everything you do.
>
> Regards,
> Liuhang

On Behalf Of Eric Yang
> Sent: 2011年12月13日 4:03
> To: chukwa-user@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: about hicc installation
>
> When releasing Chukwa 0.4, we decided that we don't want to continue to support loading
data from HDFS to MySQL because that approach does not scale well.  It is possible to restore
the functionality by copying dbAdmin.sh from Chukwa 0.3 to Chukwa 0.4 to restore mysql functionality.
 However we do not encourage it.

> Try to run dbAdmin.sh as a background process.  Then run:
>
> bin/chukwa dp
>
> PostProcessMananger is the process to load data to MySQL.
> Hope this works for you.
>
> regards,
> Eric
>
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 12:38 AM, zhangliuhang <zhangliuhang@ict.ac.cn> wrote:
>> Hi Eric,
>>        Thanks for your help~
>>    I have done what you have told to me , but it seems that it did not
>> work..., I found that there are some other script files in chukwa
>> 0.3.0/bin/, such as dbAdmin.sh , dbSetup.sh, dbLoader.sh and mdl.sh, but they are
not in chukwa 0.4.0. So it confuse me that how and when does chukwa 0.4.0 set up process to
download data from hdfs to Mysql database...and I don’t know what should I do next....

>> regards,
>> Liuhang

and configure chukwa-env.sh to have:

>> TODO_CHUKWA_JDBC_DRIVER=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
>> TODO_CHUKWA_JDBC_URL_PREFIX=jdbc:mysql://
>>
>> both properties configured.  In addition, also specify jdbc.conf to
>> have cluster name maps to mysql url.  For example,
>>
>> demo=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test?user=root
>>
>> Detail instruction is also on Chukwa 0.4 document:
>>
>> http://incubator.apache.org/chukwa/docs/r0.4.0/admin.html#Set+Up+the+D
>> atabase
>>
>> regards,
>> Eric
>> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 10:13 PM, zhangliuhang <zhangliuhang@ict.ac.cn> wrote:
>>> Hi, Eric,
>>>        Thanks for your help, I have set up hicc successfully, but I
>>> encounter another problem that my database seemed to be nothing, The hicc show
me "no data available", I don't know how to download data from the hdfs to mysql, could you
help me ?

>>> Liuhang Zhang

>>> chukwa-user-return-1042-zhangliuhang=ict.ac.cn@incubator.apache.org
>>> [mailto:chukwa-user-return-1042-zhangliuhang=ict.ac.cn@incubator.apac
>>> h
>>> e.org] On Behalf Of Eric Yang
>>> Sent: 2011年12月12日 13:10
>>> To: chukwa-user@incubator.apache.org
>>> Subject: Re: about hicc installation
>>>
>>> For HICC, just run it as ./bin/chukwa hicc.  There is no need to deploy it to
Tomcat.  Remove it from apache-tomcat webapp directory and stop apache tomcat.  Make sure
HADOOP_CONF_DIR is in class path by adding to chukwa-env.sh like this:

>>> export CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:${HADOOP_CONF_DIR}
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> Eric

solve this problem? Or could you show me your install flow about hicc? Thanks.