From Eric Yang <eric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: about hicc installation
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 07:44:46 GMT
Hi Liuhang,

You will need to have MySQL Connector/J jar file put into
CHUKWA_HOME/lib directory, and configure chukwa-env.sh to have:

TODO_CHUKWA_JDBC_DRIVER=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
TODO_CHUKWA_JDBC_URL_PREFIX=jdbc:mysql://

both properties configured.  In addition, also specify jdbc.conf to
have cluster name maps to mysql url.  For example,

demo=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test?user=root

Detail instruction is also on Chukwa 0.4 document:

http://incubator.apache.org/chukwa/docs/r0.4.0/admin.html#Set+Up+the+Database

regards,
Eric
On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 10:13 PM, zhangliuhang <zhangliuhang@ict.ac.cn> wrote:
> Hi, Eric,
>        Thanks for your help, I have set up hicc successfully, but I encounter another
problem that my database seemed to be nothing,
> The hicc show me "no data available", I don't know how to download data from the hdfs
to mysql, could you help me ?

> Liuhang Zhang

On Behalf Of Eric Yang
> Sent: 2011年12月12日 13:10
> To: chukwa-user@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: about hicc installation
>
> For HICC, just run it as ./bin/chukwa hicc.  There is no need to deploy it to Tomcat.
 Remove it from apache-tomcat webapp directory and stop apache tomcat.  Make sure HADOOP_CONF_DIR
is in class path by adding to chukwa-env.sh like this:

> export CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:${HADOOP_CONF_DIR}
>
> regards,
> Eric
>
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 5:18 PM, wang zhihao <accept.acm@gmail.com> wrote:
>> HI Eric
>> I just try to install hicc, but I have encounter some troubles. Follows are my operations:
>>
>> (1) copy hicc.war to /opt/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/webapps/
>> (2) /chukwa/bin/hicc.sh start
>>
>> but it didn't work,here is the error:
>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>        at
>> org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.rest.resource.ViewResource.getView(ViewResour
>> ce.java:55)
>>
>> Finally I found that it could not load the hadoop configration from
>> the some files like core-site.xml, could you tell me what should I do to solve this
problem? Or could you show me your install flow about hicc? Thanks.