From "zhangliuhang" <zhangliuh...@ict.ac.cn>
Subject RE: about hicc installation
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 08:38:11 GMT
Hi Eric,
	Thanks for your help~
    I have done what you have told to me , but it seems that it did not work..., I found that
there are some other script files in chukwa 0.3.0/bin/, such as
dbAdmin.sh , dbSetup.sh, dbLoader.sh and mdl.sh, but they are not in chukwa 0.4.0. So it confuse
me that how and when does chukwa 0.4.0 set up process to download data from hdfs to
Mysql database...and I don’t know what should I do next....

regards,
Liuhang

-----Original Message-----
From: chukwa-user-return-1044-zhangliuhang=ict.ac.cn@incubator.apache.org [mailto:chukwa-user-return-1044-zhangliuhang=ict.ac.cn@incubator.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Eric Yang
Sent: 2011年12月12日 15:45
To: chukwa-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: about hicc installation

Hi Liuhang,

You will need to have MySQL Connector/J jar file put into CHUKWA_HOME/lib directory, and configure
chukwa-env.sh to have:

TODO_CHUKWA_JDBC_DRIVER=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
TODO_CHUKWA_JDBC_URL_PREFIX=jdbc:mysql://

both properties configured.  In addition, also specify jdbc.conf to have cluster name maps
to mysql url.  For example,

demo=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test?user=root

Detail instruction is also on Chukwa 0.4 document:

http://incubator.apache.org/chukwa/docs/r0.4.0/admin.html#Set+Up+the+Database

regards,
Eric
On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 10:13 PM, zhangliuhang <zhangliuhang@ict.ac.cn> wrote:
> Hi, Eric,
>        Thanks for your help, I have set up hicc successfully, but I
> encounter another problem that my database seemed to be nothing, The hicc show me "no
data available", I don't know how to download data from the hdfs to mysql, could you help
me ?

> Liuhang Zhang

 Remove it from apache-tomcat webapp directory and stop apache tomcat.  Make sure HADOOP_CONF_DIR
is in class path by adding to chukwa-env.sh like this:

> export CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:${HADOOP_CONF_DIR}
>
> regards,
> Eric
>
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 5:18 PM, wang zhihao <accept.acm@gmail.com> wrote:
>> HI Eric
>> I just try to install hicc, but I have encounter some troubles. Follows are my operations:
>>
>> (1) copy hicc.war to /opt/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/webapps/
>> (2) /chukwa/bin/hicc.sh start
>>
>> but it didn't work,here is the error:
>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>        at
>> org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.rest.resource.ViewResource.getView(ViewResou
>> ce.java:55)
>>
>> Finally I found that it could not load the hadoop configration from
>> the some files like core-site.xml, could you tell me what should I do to solve this
problem? Or could you show me your install flow about hicc? Thanks.