From "zhangliuhang" <zhangliuh...@ict.ac.cn>
Subject RE: about hicc installation
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 06:13:19 GMT
Hi, Eric,
	Thanks for your help, I have set up hicc successfully, but I encounter another problem that
my database seemed to be nothing,
The hicc show me "no data available", I don't know how to download data from the hdfs to mysql,
could you help me ?

Liuhang Zhang

-----Original Message-----
From: chukwa-user-return-1042-zhangliuhang=ict.ac.cn@incubator.apache.org [mailto:chukwa-user-return-1042-zhangliuhang=ict.ac.cn@incubator.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Eric Yang
Sent: 2011年12月12日 13:10
To: chukwa-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: about hicc installation

For HICC, just run it as ./bin/chukwa hicc.  There is no need to deploy it to Tomcat.  Remove
it from apache-tomcat webapp directory and stop apache tomcat.  Make sure HADOOP_CONF_DIR
is in class path by adding to chukwa-env.sh like this:

export CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:${HADOOP_CONF_DIR}

regards,
Eric

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 5:18 PM, wang zhihao <accept.acm@gmail.com> wrote:
> HI Eric
> I just try to install hicc, but I have encounter some troubles. Follows are my operations:
>
> (1) copy hicc.war to /opt/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/webapps/
> (2) /chukwa/bin/hicc.sh start
>
> but it didn't work,here is the error:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at
> org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.rest.resource.ViewResource.getView(ViewResour
> ce.java:55)
>
> Finally I found that it could not load the hadoop configration from
> the some files like core-site.xml, could you tell me what should I do to solve this problem?
Or could you show me your install flow about hicc? Thanks.