From "zhangliuhang" <zhangliuh...@ict.ac.cn>
Subject RE: about hicc installation
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 03:25:55 GMT
Hi, Eric and everyone works on chukwa,
	Thank you very much! I have install chukwa 0.4.0 successfully! And I hope the 0.5.0 version
could be released as soon as possible~
Thanks for your work on chukwa~ I wish you the best of luck in everything you do.

Regards,
Liuhang

-----Original Message-----
From: chukwa-user-return-1051-zhangliuhang=ict.ac.cn@incubator.apache.org [mailto:chukwa-user-return-1051-zhangliuhang=ict.ac.cn@incubator.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Eric Yang
Sent: 2011年12月13日 4:03
To: chukwa-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: about hicc installation

When releasing Chukwa 0.4, we decided that we don't want to continue to support loading data
from HDFS to MySQL because that approach does not scale well.  It is possible to restore the
functionality by copying dbAdmin.sh from Chukwa 0.3 to Chukwa 0.4 to restore mysql functionality.
 However we do not encourage it.

Try to run dbAdmin.sh as a background process.  Then run:

bin/chukwa dp

PostProcessMananger is the process to load data to MySQL.
Hope this works for you.

regards,
Eric

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 12:38 AM, zhangliuhang <zhangliuhang@ict.ac.cn> wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>        Thanks for your help~
>    I have done what you have told to me , but it seems that it did not
> work..., I found that there are some other script files in chukwa
> 0.3.0/bin/, such as dbAdmin.sh , dbSetup.sh, dbLoader.sh and mdl.sh, but they are not
in chukwa 0.4.0. So it confuse me that how and when does chukwa 0.4.0 set up process to download
data from hdfs to Mysql database...and I don’t know what should I do next....

> regards,
> Liuhang

and configure chukwa-env.sh to have:

> TODO_CHUKWA_JDBC_DRIVER=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
> TODO_CHUKWA_JDBC_URL_PREFIX=jdbc:mysql://
>
> both properties configured.  In addition, also specify jdbc.conf to
> have cluster name maps to mysql url.  For example,
>
> demo=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test?user=root
>
> Detail instruction is also on Chukwa 0.4 document:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/chukwa/docs/r0.4.0/admin.html#Set+Up+the+D
> atabase
>
> regards,
> Eric
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 10:13 PM, zhangliuhang <zhangliuhang@ict.ac.cn> wrote:
>> Hi, Eric,
>>        Thanks for your help, I have set up hicc successfully, but I
>> encounter another problem that my database seemed to be nothing, The hicc show me
"no data available", I don't know how to download data from the hdfs to mysql, could you help
me ?

>> Liuhang Zhang

 Remove it from apache-tomcat webapp directory and stop apache tomcat.  Make sure HADOOP_CONF_DIR
is in class path by adding to chukwa-env.sh like this:

>> export CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:${HADOOP_CONF_DIR}
>>
>> regards,
>> Eric
>>
>> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 5:18 PM, wang zhihao <accept.acm@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> HI Eric
>>> I just try to install hicc, but I have encounter some troubles. Follows are my
operations:

>>> (1) copy hicc.war to /opt/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/webapps/
>>> (2) /chukwa/bin/hicc.sh start
>>>
>>> but it didn't work,here is the error:
>>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>>        at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.rest.resource.ViewResource.getView(ViewReso
>>> u
>>> r
>>> ce.java:55)
>>>
>>> Finally I found that it could not load the hadoop configration from
>>> the some files like core-site.xml, could you tell me what should I do to solve
this problem? Or could you show me your install flow about hicc? Thanks.