From Mohammad Tariq <donta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to begin with Chukwa
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 13:13:20 GMT
Hello AD,
   I am sorry for leaving the discussion in between, I was busy with
my exams.Now I am back and need your help.I started with what you have
suggested and read about the concepts (agents and collectors etc). Now
I am trying to collect the data from a file on the local file system
and trying to dump it into the HDFS and I am running the agent and
collector on the same machine.I was able to start the agent but when I
tried to start the collector I got the following line at the terminal
and the terminal got stuck there itself -
tariq@ubuntu:~/chukwa-0.4.0$ 2011-11-10 18:42:09.521::INFO:  Logging
to STDERR via org.mortbay.log.StdErrLog
2011-11-10 18:42:09.544::INFO:  jetty-6.1.11

When I issued jps, I could see only the agent.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq