From Mohammad Tariq <donta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to begin with Chukwa
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 13:48:14 GMT
Hello AD,
  Yes, I have read the wiki and right now I am trying to set up a
Chukwa cluster using the wiki itself. Are there any other links you
are aware of that can help me learn and use Chukwa in a better
fashion?? I am trying to use Chukwa for data in "The Wellsite
Information Transfer Standard Markup Language (WITSML)" format.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 6:49 PM, AD <straightflush@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it helps to read he wiki and understand the basic concepts, like agents and collectors.
 What kind of data do you want to parse?  I have used both Flume and Chukwa myself and can
say for sure Chukwa is miles easier to work with and configure.  Flume may have some more
advanced features, but so far i found Chukwa both easy to extend from a development standpoint,
and much easier to configure.
> Have you read the wiki pages ?
>
> On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 8:39 AM, Mohammad Tariq <dontariq@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello list,
>>   I am totally new to Chukwa and I have to learn and start using it as soon soon
as possible as a part of my new project. Could any one let me know how to begin with?? It
would be a great favor to me. I know Flume and have used it already.Also I would like to know
how different is Chukwa from Flume??