From Ahmed Fathalla <afatha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Chukwa with Hbase
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 08:44:48 GMT
No, your question is valuable.

Actually, you need to checkout the trunk code using subversion (a version
control software package).  Here's the URL for trunk which you provide to
Subversion

 http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/chukwa/trunk/

After that you can compile the code using these steps from the quick start
guide

Compiling and installing Chukwa

   1.

   To compile Chukwa, just type 'mvn clean package
-DskipTests<http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/DskipTests>
-DHADOOP_CONF_DIR=/path/to/$HADOOP_CONF_DIR
   -DHBASE_CONF_DIR=/path/to/$HBASE_CONF_DIR' in the project root directory.
   2. Extract the compiled tar file from target/chukwa-0.x.y.tar.gz to the
   Chukwa root directory.

 Of course you should have subversion (svn) and maven(mvn) installed on
your development environment.

I strongly recommend you attempt to build Chukwa on Linux or MacOS
machines. Trying to build it on Windows (even with Cygwin) will probably be
a frustrating activity.

--
Ahmed Fathalla