From SALAMI Patrick <sal...@systransoft.com>
Subject RE: Chukwa trunk does not write to HBase
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 22:37:45 GMT
Hi Eric,
Thank you for that. I am actually using Cloudera's Hadoop distribution, CDH3. The Hadoop JAR
that I have is hadoop-0.20.2-cdh3u2-core.jar. I'm not sure if it has the patch already, but
I will check.
I will give it a try with the patch and the metrics file you sent me.

Thanks!

Patrick

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Yang [mailto:eyang@hortonworks.com] On Behalf Of Eric Yang
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 2:45 PM
To: chukwa-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Chukwa trunk does not write to HBase

Hadoop trunk will require a different configuration than the one described in the Quick_Start
guide.

1. Apply this patch: HADOOP-7436, and rebuild hadoop.
2. Copy hadoop-metrics2.properties enclosed in this message to HADOOP_CONF_DIR

Restart hadoop.  You might need to match the HBase table schema with the metrics emitted by
Hadoop metrics 2 framework.
Hope this helps.

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s)
named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this
e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.