From Eric Yang <eric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Chukwa trunk does not write to HBase
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 01:19:12 GMT
Demuxer for Chukwa 0.4 is a mapreduce job acting as ETL process to convert the data into semi
structure format for further processing.  For Chukwa trunk with HBase, demux is running as
part of collector for ETL.  Hence, there is no need to run demux process.

regards,
Eric

On Oct 25, 2011, at 3:49 PM, SALAMI Patrick wrote:

> Also, while we are chatting, I was hoping to understand the role of the demuxer. I am
assuming that HICC pulls all of its data from HBase. If using HBase, is it still necessary
to run the demuxer? I didn't see any mention of it in the latest quick start guide.

> Thanks!
>
> Patrick

named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this
e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.