From Eric Yang <eric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pig scripts for Chukwa 0.5
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 15:42:55 GMT
Hi Preetam,

ClusterSummary.pig is the only one that works with HBase.  Other pig
scripts are designed to work on sequence files for Chukwa 0.4.  The
scripts are thrown together at crunch time.  There is no
documentation.  The ChukwaLoader/ChukwaStore function needs to be
revised to use HBase to bring the scripts up to date with Chukwa 0.5.
Hadoop_*.pig scripts are for down sampling of data from raw resolution
into specified time resolution, i.e. 30 minutes average, or 180
minutes average.  UserDailySummary.pig is design to aggregate data
from JobHistory log files to generate a user usage report.  However,
this was designed to work on JobHistory file for Hadoop 0.18.  I don't
think it works with Hadoop 0.20+ because JobHistory format changed in
Hadoop 0.20.

regards,
Eric