From Eric Yang <eric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple agents and multiple clusters
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 16:22:30 GMT
The data is written locally on the source node.  Both agents will progress independently, and
sending data at their own pace to the collectors.  They shouldn't affect each other.  The
UTF8FileTailingAdaptor should track the timestamp of the log files and send it over in time
sequence order, hence one failed does not affect others.

regards,
Eric

On Jul 14, 2011, at 8:45 PM, highpointe wrote:

> Ahhhh. Good insight. I didn't think about that.
>
> Yes, I am aggregating the same data for two clusters.
>
> So now my challenge is:  If one cluster is unreachable...  How do I that cluster's sender
fail without affecting the other sender or the connector.