From Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: A demo setup on a single linux server
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 16:41:49 GMT
>From the current configuration, it is setup to write to Hbase only, it does not write to
HDFS.  If you want the data to be written to HDFS as well, use this line in chukwa-collector-conf.xml.

  <property>
    <name>chukwaCollector.pipeline</name>
    <value>org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.datacollection.writer.SocketTeeWriter, org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.datacollection.writer.hbase.HBaseWriter,
org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.datacollection.writer.SeqFileWriter</value>
  </property>

Make sure that hadoop-site.xml and hbase-site.xml are in the chukwa collector class path.
 This can be done by copying hadoop-site.xml and hbase-site.xml to CHUKWA_CONF_DIR.

For HICC listening to localhost issue, this is a bug in Chukwa.  Feel free to file a jira.
 Before compile, modify web/hicc/WEB-INF/jetty.xml and set jetty.host ip address to 0.0.0.0.
 Without this setup, jetty would choose to bind to first available IP address, it could randomly
bind to localhost or eth0 depending on the OS.

Regards,
Eric