From DKN <devapra...@in.ibm.com>
Subject How to obtain the chunk time stamp while processing the chunk using a Socket Program
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 12:21:57 GMT
I implemented a simple Socket program to listen to the collector on 9094
port, so that I can process that information further (using the
SocketTeeWriter).

I used this type of a command to tap into my specific data type :

HEADER datatype=SysOut*\n

I was able to get the chunk as RAW data. But it didn't have any information
about the time stamp which would be used while persisting in HDFS/HBase. Is
it possible to send the time stamp information of the chunk in the header ?
{ I am basically wondering about data consistency if I persist this
information else where apart from HDFS .. }

Cheers, DKN