From Eric Yang <eric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A demo setup on a single linux server
Date Mon, 30 May 2011 18:14:50 GMT
Hi DKN,

There are two places to verify the data has been transport and processed.

For transport:

telnet agent-host 9093
list

This will list the list of files that are being monitored, and the
right most number is the current offset of the bytes streamed to
collector.

For processed data:

In the job tracker UI, find the executed demux jobs, and click on the
detail of the demux job.
There is a list of metrics of what type of data are seen and number of
records associated with the data type.

The same information are available in the agent log file, and
mapreduce job history log file.  It is possible to stream those files
into chukwa to summarize them but this is not done automatically in
Chukwa.  Hope this helps.

regards,
Eric