From DKN <devapra...@in.ibm.com>
Subject A demo setup on a single linux server
Date Mon, 30 May 2011 11:38:24 GMT
I have been trying to setup a "demo" type of a single server setup for
chukwa. I want to be able to write to some log (being monitored and
collected by a simple agent/collector/demux) and display it in HDFS explorer
and hicc.

I tried following the instructions for 0.4.0 from here ->
http://incubator.apache.org/chukwa/docs/r0.4.0/admin.html

While I see some action w.r.t chukwa writing to hadoop, I can't see anything
else to verify that my agent to monitor a sample file has done some work ..
Where are such logs stored locally ?

Like Eric said, the documentation really needs an update. It looks pretty
outdated.

I also came to know of a suggestion to use the "trunk" source and build it.
Where can I download the 0.5.0 sources from ?

Cheers, DKN