From Arati Mahimane <arati_mahim...@persistent.co.in>
Subject Query regarding adaptor for binary files
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 14:28:55 GMT

Hi All,

I want to send Binary files (larger than 10 MB) from Chukwa agent to
collector.
I have the following queries:

1) I read that the filetailer.LWFTAdaptor  repeatedly tails a file, treating
the file as a sequence of bytes, ignoring the content. But the Chunk
boundaries are arbitrary. Is there any adaptor in which we can specify the
chunk size ? If yes, how can the chunk size be configured?
(e.g. I have a 10 MB file and need to divide it into 10 chunks of 1 MB each
and send each chunk from agent to collector)

2) When binary files are sent, does chukwa ensure that they are not
corrupted in anyway (i.e. Do the contents of the file remain unaltered) ?

Any pointers ?

Thanks,
Arati Mahimane